Monday 1 August 2011

Kevin Rudd, Mad Hatter...

So it has finally happened. We all knew it was only a matter of time; a question of when, not if. Kevin Rudd, former PM, has finally lost his mind. The technical term, I believe, is 'a few fries short of a happy meal'. Dear ol' Kev has uploaded a clip to his Facebook page of him having afternoon tea with a cat (and no, not a ginger cat...). Now while this is all for a good cause I do think that the pressure might being getting to the former Labor leader, as he tries to force a clearly disinterested cat into sampling his beverage...


The video opens with him telling his cat, "Now Jasper I want you to try some of my afternoon tea, it's really very interesting, or are you a tea snob?" The short clip shows the former Leader of this nation pleading with Jasper the cat and Abby the dog to try his concoction from a china cup and saucer. For me, that was his first mistake. After all, our furry four legged friends lack the opposable digits to use a tea cup, so put tea in a saucer and then they may not be so resistant to trying the new blend. Second, if you want an opinion on something, don't ask an animal! I have no problem with people talking to their animals, its when they start talking back I being questioning Uncle Kev's "special blend"... if he offers you a brownie just say NO!

Would you like one of my invisible scones to go with that tea, Mr Jasper? They're yum yums...

But in all honesty it is for a good cause, so I can't fault Kevin for that. And it is also nice to know that he still has some friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment